Saturday, March 15, 2008

Welcome to my blog.

Welcome to the Holophusicon. Strange name, you might say. It means "all of nature" in Greek, at least according to eighteenth-century museum owners. It referred specifically to Lever's natural history museum, but I use it as the name of my blog in the sense more of a curiosity cabinet. You can read more about the original museum here.

My interests are diverse, but my main purpose in starting a blog was to collect the things that I frequently email to people in one place. I also hope to initiate/host a dialog in the comments section about the articles and other things I post. Food, education, and ecology are the big topics on my mind, but I'm always thinking about everything; I might post on modern art, politics, semicolon use, or even occasionally my upcoming wedding (June 09).

Thanks for visiting, and enjoy my curiosity cabinet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great, this way I will not have to search for the articles you send me if I want to pass them on to others. Great choice in background and font - a little 'steam punk', I'd say.
Congratulations!

Mom

Faye said...

Yup, that was sort of the look I was going for... but I can't take credit, it's a template. But thanks!